Friday, November 15, 2013

Project Gratitude: Helping Typhoon Haiyan Survivors

In September 2013, Maisy became suddenly and critically ill. Our blog readers rallied around us, providing us with the emotional and financial support needed to get through a very stressful time. Although I will never be able to pay everyone back, I can pay it forward through Project Gratitude. Each month, I donate my time or money to a person or organization that needs it. Please email me at reactivechampion(at)gmail(dot)com if you know someone in need.

This month, I donated money to the UN World Food Programme to help survivors of the devastating Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines. The pictures of the aftermath are heartbreaking, and the stories on public radio are just heartwrenching. People are desperate for basic things like food and water; they are dying due the lack of medical care. This, on top of the loss of people's homes and family and friends.

I can't even imagine.

There are a number of great organizations doing relief work in the Philippines, and I hope you will consider donating. There are a number of great organizations doing relief work-  find a charity you'd like to support here!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We still have not heard how the child we support is doing. We don't know is he is alive. We know the area where he lives was severly affected. Most of us cannot imagine such devastation.